Jeremiah Crowley and his family arrived from Newfoundland to begin dairy-farming on Wales Road in South Vancouver in 1906 They homesteaded a small parcel of land and in 1909 moved to the present Avalon location at 5805 Wales Road. There were many ups and downs throughout the next 90 years.
Jeremiah’s son Everett Crowley saw Avalon through the depression and war years, and through many of the changes those years brought; from horse-drawn wagons to motorized vehicles; from the imperial quart to today’s metric measurement.
But two things didn’t change; Avalon kept selling ‘cream-line’ milk and kept selling milk in glass bottles.
Everett’s son Lee is carrying on the Avalon tradition at the same location.